The Vallee Blanche Program
Vallee Blanche, the most beautiful and famous off-piste route in the Alps.
For those who like to ski off-piste close to amazingly beautiful crevasses and seracs,
surrounded by a breathtaking landscape in front of the summit of Mont Blanc!
Meeting at 8:30 in Chamonix and we take the Aiguille du Midi cable car (3 760 m).
We climb down the east ridge equipped to put the skis and then start downski leaving on the right the beautiful red south face of the Aiguille du Midi in the direction of the Giant Glacier.
Passing the spectacular crevasses we reach the Requin refuge for a break. Resumed the descent we head towards the junction of the Vallee Blanche glacier and Lechaux to Mer de Glace.
After a descent developed over 12 km, we arrive at the departure of Montenvers funicular that will take us back to Chamonix.
- Equipment needed: downhill skiing or ski-mountaineering equipment, harness, crampons, sunglasses and snow goggles, 15-20 liter backpack, hat, sunscreen, two pairs of gloves, water bottle, jacket.
- Type: Free-ride - Off Piste
- Date: from Jannuary to april 2011
- Mountain range: Mont Blanc
- Cost per person: 80.00 EUR
- Level: average (red runs on pistes)
- The price includes: Mountain Guide (UIAGM/IFMGA) fee. Mountaineering equipment in common use.
- Not included: accommodation, transport, lifts, meals
- Group size: minimum 4 people